HISTORY OF THE FIRM – Grim & Grim, Est. 1895 • Biehn & Thatcher, Est. 1956
The law firm of Grim, Biehn & Thatcher is the result of a merger of two of Bucks County ‘s leading law firms – Grim & Grim of Perkasie, and Biehn & Thatcher of Quakertown.
The partnership of Grim & Grim actually dates back to the late 19th century. The founding partner, Webster Grim, first opened his offices in 1889 in Doylestown and in 1895 his brother, Harry, opened the firm’s second office in Perkasie. It is the second oldest law firm in Bucks County and the oldest and largest law firm with its principal offices in Upper Bucks County. Two more generations of brothers succeeded Webster and Harry, providing continuous service to the present.
The firm of Biehn & Thatcher was established in 1956 by partners, Claire Biehn and William Thatcher in Quakertown and grew with a practice and clientele like Grim & Grim. It was only natural with their friendships, shared philosophies and geographical coverage that the firms merged in 1989, 100 years after the bar admitted Webster Grim.
As the combined firm of Grim, Biehn & Thatcher, the firm has expanded the number of members, shareholders and client base. It now includes 18 attorneys and 29 paralegals, secretaries and employees. Want to learn more? Click here to read the Bar Association Article on the History of the Firm (PDF).